Adjustable Mini Bench Power Supply & Battery Charger
The XY-SK35 PSU is the smaller brother of the XY-SK80 adjustable mini bench power supply. It is small enough to fit in your hand but can do the job of an old-school bench supply of 3 times the price and 10 times the weight. It packs extra functions that you wouldn’t find in any bench power supply, like battery charging and monitoring total power (watts), energy (joules), capacity/charge (Ah) and running time (up-time).
The output voltage is adjustable between 0.6V and 30V, with a current of up to 4A (depending on the power adapter used). The XY-SK35 can operate in normal voltage-controlled (CV) or current-controlled (CC) mode where the current can be set/limited in 1mA steps – also known as a constant current source. It can supply output power of up to 50W and boasts an efficiency of 88% – so there is very little heat being generated.
The user interface is simple and elegant, consisting of a bright backlit LCD and a digital knob with turn-to-adjust and press-to-select functions.
As far as extra functionality goes the XY-SK35 will not disappoint. It can be powered from any DC source, even a USB port, and output any voltage (converting it up or down as needed). Use it with a USB power bank for a fully portable solution. From the display, you not only see the voltage and current but can also view the power being consumed by your device (voltage x current) as well as running time (in hours and minutes), energy and charge (in Ah) consumed over the operating time. You can even set limits to any one of the above and the XY-SK35 will automatically switch off when the limit is reached.
You will not easily damage your XY-SK35 since it has protection against reverse-voltage, short-circuit, over-voltage, over-current, reverse-current and over-temperature with a cooling fan that automatically comes on.
In order to bring this PSU to you at such an affordable price, we 3D-print a housing for it, making a very compact little bench power supply packing a big punch.
Use it as a portable lab power supply on your desk, as a battery charger with automatic shut-off or in the constant-current mode as a direct LED driver.
Together with the DSO150 Student Oscilloscope and the FG100-DDS Signal Generator, this power supply offers you a complete test bench for your engineering studies or professional engineering desk. Purchase the Student Pack at a discounted price.
- Circuit Type: Buck & Boost Converter
- Number of Outputs: 1
- Input Voltage: 5.0V ~ 30V DC
- Constant Voltage Mode (CV): Yes
- Output Voltage: 0.6V ~ 30V DC
- Output Voltage accuracy: ±0.5%+1 byte, Resolution: 0.01V
- Constant Current Mode (CC): Yes
- Output Current: 0 ~ 4A (depending on the power adapter used)
- Output Current accuracy: ±0.8%+3 bytes, Resolution: 0.001A
- Output Power: 35W (under natural heat dissipation), 50W under enhanced head dissipation
- Output Frequency: 180KHz
- Conversion Efficiency: 88%
- Extra Features: Input Reverse Voltage Protection, Output Soft start, Anti-backflow Protection, Short Circuit Protection, Over-temperature Protection, Voltage & Current Lock, Capacity/Energy/Run-Time Statistics, Set maximum Capacity/Energy/Running-Time, Automatic fan control, Line regulation, Load regulation.
- Size: 85 x 60 x 50mm
- Weight: 115g
DC Adapter Specifications:
The XY-SK35 PSU can be used with any DC power source. However, to get you started we supply it with a 5W DC adapter that is sufficient for most smaller applications. For a higher output current of up to 4A, you can easily swap out the DC power adapter with one that can deliver more power to the XY-SK35. Here is a short video demonstrating how to do this.
- Input Voltage: 100 ~ 240 VAC
- Output Voltage: 24 VDC
- Output Current: 0.2A
Mini Bench Power Supply Package Includes:
XY-SK35 Adjustable Bench Power Supply, DC power adapter, Red & Black banana sockets, User manual.